Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TMI Tuesday #189

This week's TMI Tuesday is going to be a little tough for me. As a married man, I haven't been on a proper date in a long time. At least, not the typical kind. I plan on changing that soon, both with my wife and my girlfriend. Here we go...

1. What was the last movie you saw on a date?
  • I tend to reserve movie theater going for the high-action flicks. I prefer watching any other movie at home. Boring, I know. When I do go see those blockbusters at the theater, it's always with the entire family. Sadly, the last movie I took my wife to see on the big screen was way back in 1998. It was the first "X Files" movie. We were major fans of the show and our sons were just too young to join us. My wife and I did go to see an Oregon Shakespeare Festival production of "A Raisin in the Sun" back in 2005. It was great and romantic, despite being tied into a class requirement. We even got to talk with the cast. My wife made me so proud as she asked some of the best questions of the cast, even though she wasn't in the class.
2. What was the last meal you had on a date?
  • Cheese tortellini at an organic Italian restaurant in our downtown area. The date was an impromptu lunch after finishing errands, but very romantic. My wife and I held hands and kissed all the while, making some patrons uncomfortable. Why is it that public displays of affection make so many people uncomfortable? They make me smile.
3. When was the last time you made out in the car on a date? More?
  • Far too long ago. Back in 2005, I had a girlfriend who took me up into the hills after taking me out for sushi. At first, we just sat and talked. Then I turned to kiss her. Of course, the front bucket seats of passenger vehicles aren't the best when it comes to make-out sessions, so she soon hopped over into my lap. At some point, all while making out, she had slipped my dick out, slid on a condom, then popped me inside her, turning the spontaneous make-out session into hot car sex. She came like three times while bouncing on my cock. Her knee was bruised for a week after from the emergency brake digging into her. Recently, I have had a deep desire to go make out somewhere with my current girlfriend. I'd like to with my wife, too, if she were game.
4. Using a dating websites, do you think you are more likely to find a "hook up" or a relationship?
  • From personal experience, hook ups are much more likely. Of course, I'm coming from the perspective of someone who uses dating sites to find new extramarital lovers. I'm sure on some dating sites, like eHarmony and trUe, relationships are much more common. People on those sites are very careful and selective about who they allow into their lives. However, I believe that most people who use dating sites, at least below the surface, have "hook-up" in mind. Or perhaps, that's just the guys.
5. Do you have any special "first" date rituals? Flowers, certain restaurant, etc.
  • I don't really have any special "first" date rituals. I guess this is because I'm in an open marriage and romantically wooing a woman is not something I need to do. I typically have already talked with the woman online extensively, so a "first" date is actually a "first" hook-up. Also, I try not to set up a false expectation. I'm not a wealthy guy, just make ends meet, so gifting of flowers and such I reserve for my wife. I guess you could say that grooming myself would be about it for rituals, but doesn't everyone do that?
BONUS QUESTION: Do you believe in sex on the first date? Can a relationship bloom if you have sex on the first date?
  • Absolutely! In fact, I advocate the practice. Sexual tension causes people to not be themselves, to not let their true self shine through. The daters hold out hope that the person they're seeing might just be the one and don't want to make one misstep. So, the daters put on masks. When we have sex, we drop those masks partially if not completely, especially after we've done the deed. I know this approach works, as my wife and I are a living example. We didn't even go out on a date. Within 6 hours of reacquainting ourselves, we were doing it. For the next 5 months, we kept it strictly sexual then we took it to the next level and have been happily together for the last 17 years. I say, "Get the sex out of the way so that you can be truly honest and let the relationship bloom."
TMI Tuesday Personal Count #4

No comments:

Post a Comment