Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TMI Tuesday #199

I face an interesting series of questions this week, for one who is in an open marriage...

1. How do you differentiate between love and lust?
  • Tricky question for someone who used to confuse the two relentlessly. For me, lust is a gateway to love, at least in terms of romantic love. If I find myself thinking about someone in more ways than just sexually, I know I'm beyond lust.
2. You are happily married, engaged, or committed in a relationship, yet you have a hot sexy dream about someone you have always wanted to do it with. Have you cheated at least in your mind?
  • Absolutely not! I think that couples who get pissed over shit like this are destined for misery. Course, I am in a decade-long open marriage, so I don't have a ton of room to talk with much authority on the subject of jealousy.
3. Do you trust your significant other?
  • Implicitly, at least on important matters. I know there exists the occasional lying through omission, but in the long run, those things are petty.
4. How important is your Husband or Wife wearing their Wedding bands? Is it important to you and why?
  • Hehe, this is a two-fold answer. It's not important to me at all as far as acting as an indicator of her unavailability. It is, however, absolutely crucial in terms of turning me on when she goes out with the intent of being fucked by another man.
5. Do you feel that flirting is OK if you are taken?
  • Sure, as long as it doesn't go beyond flirting. That is, if you're in a traditionally monogamous relationship. If you're in an open marriage, well hell, flirt away!
Bonus (as in optional): If you were 100% guaranteed not to get caught having a one night stand with someone else, would you?
  • Moot question for a person in a decades long open marriage. However, I would absolutely have a one-night stand with pretty much anyone my wife's deemed off limits. But maybe that's because I know she'd forgive me if I transgressed.
TMI Tuesday Personal Count #14

No comments:

Post a Comment