1. How do you differentiate between love and lust?
- Tricky question for someone who used to confuse the two relentlessly. For me, lust is a gateway to love, at least in terms of romantic love. If I find myself thinking about someone in more ways than just sexually, I know I'm beyond lust.
- Absolutely not! I think that couples who get pissed over shit like this are destined for misery. Course, I am in a decade-long open marriage, so I don't have a ton of room to talk with much authority on the subject of jealousy.
- Implicitly, at least on important matters. I know there exists the occasional lying through omission, but in the long run, those things are petty.
- Hehe, this is a two-fold answer. It's not important to me at all as far as acting as an indicator of her unavailability. It is, however, absolutely crucial in terms of turning me on when she goes out with the intent of being fucked by another man.
- Sure, as long as it doesn't go beyond flirting. That is, if you're in a traditionally monogamous relationship. If you're in an open marriage, well hell, flirt away!
- Moot question for a person in a decades long open marriage. However, I would absolutely have a one-night stand with pretty much anyone my wife's deemed off limits. But maybe that's because I know she'd forgive me if I transgressed.
TMI Tuesday Personal Count #14