Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TMI Tuesday #201

1. Do you have "your" side of the bed? Which side?
  • Yep, the left. There's no particular reason for it. Just seemed to end up that way.
2. How old is your pillow and what condition is it in?
  • Hmmm, I think it's about 6 or 7 years old and it's not in the best of condition. They've lost their flounce and are a bit stained from years of nocturnal emissions or left overs from love making. But they're working just dandy overall. I have been meaning to get new ones, though.
3. What is your favorite position to sleep in?
  • I sleep most of the time on my left side curled up in the fetal position. I do rotate my position throughout the night, but this seems to be the only way I can fall asleep quickly.
4. How often do you change your sheets?
  • Not often enough. In fact, I don't change my sheets; I wash them, which I'm doing about once every 10 days - once after my wife leaves for her out-of-town job and once before she gets back. Her work status has resulted in many more sheet washings.
5. What helps you fall asleep when insomnia strikes?
  • I've never had insomnia, per se. But nothing makes me fall asleep quicker once I lay my head down than having smoked some weed.
6. Does sex make you sleepy or energized?
  • Depends on the intensity of the sex and/or the time of day. If I'm already a little sleepy, sex will make me want to crash hard. If I've set the goal of having marathon sex, however, each SPLAT makes me want to hurry up and recover so I can get back inside for another round. As most of my sex is average to boring, I tend to get sleepy afterward.
7. What is the minimum amount of sleep that you need to be functional the next day.
  • Meh, I don't really have a minimum amount of sleep in order to function the next day. Sometimes, I can sleep two and a half hours and function greater than when I get 10.
  • When it comes to sleep and next-day functionality, the more important factors are whether or not I've eaten a couple hours before going to sleep (makes me groggy the next morning if I eat too close to bedtime).
  • Another factor is whether or not I wake up in the middle of a dream. If I do, then I'm tired for the better part of the morning. My liveliest wake ups happen when I'm not in a dream state.
Bonus (as in optional): Describe your most vivid dream.
  • Oh wow! That would require some serious retrospection. However, I did have a dream so vivid a couple months ago that I swore it was reality. I can't remember the details too well, but it involved my then-girlfriend and I getting caught in the act. She had snuck over the night before and we had an intense session, so intense that we crashed hard after. Next thing you know, I'm waking to see one of my sons looking in my room at us. The dream went on like that, with me trying to keep her identity hidden from them. Other things happened that were dead on real, but I can't remember them now.
TMI Tuesday Personal Count #16

No comments:

Post a Comment