Thursday, September 2, 2010

Why I Dislike It #4 – Craigslist’s “STD Free You Be Too”

Ever read the Casual Encounters section on Craigslist? Come on. Admit it. You know you've checked it out at least once or twice.

Many of the posts made in that section make me chuckle, like the 18 year old who says he wants to fuck two or more girls at once... only the hottest girls need apply. Really, dude? You really think you'll have success using this approach? We'll leave this fellow alone for now.

What I've grown to dislike about most of the posts in Casual Encounters is the way so many of them include a line similar to this:
I am STD free so you be too.

You would think that being clean of any sexually transmitted diseases would be the default for anyone posting on such sites as Craigslist.

Every time I see a person or couple include that line, I can't help but feel it's a given and doesn't need stating. After all, when was the last time you saw someone declare they had an STD on Craigslist?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I see "HPV-positive, honest guy seeks understanding woman" and "1 in 4 people have herpes, I'm one" type of ads relatively often. Some people put it right out there...no surprises afterward, only before.

    ReplyDelete