Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TMI Tuesday: May 15, 2012 - Fine Dining

This week’s TMI Tuesday is going to be sort of difficult for me to answer with any gusto, given that I mainly like to eat for the sake of eating, not so much for some fancy shmancy approach to preparing and serving it. Don’t get me wrong: I love well prepared food, so I’ll do my best to attempt to provide answers that come straight from the cuff. My answers will also reflect my wife as my dining companion.

You are having dinner at the best restaurant you can imagine. Do not concern yourself with overeating, or other restrictions. We want to know what you like best. What will you have for:


1. Before dinner wine, aperitif, or cocktail?
I tend to avoid mixing drinks and know I’d like to enjoy a bottle of Syrah with my bride during dinner, so that is what I order for us to drink.
2: Appetizer?
Stuffed mushrooms for me and crab cakes for my wife.
3. Soup?
Clam chowder.
4. Salad?
For my wife, a carrot cole slaw. For me, fresh and fancy greens tossed with yellow pear tomatoes, cucumbers, quartered walnuts, red onions, gorgonzola, and the house vinaigrette.
5. Wine or other beverage with dinner?
Sticking with the Syrah.
6. Entree?
For both of us, Alaska King crab. It’s so damned romantic in the sloppiest of ways.
7. Side Dishes?
Twice baked cheese and herb potatoes and a simple steamed vegetable medley with broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.
8. Dessert?
Chocolate silk pie.
9. After dinner drink?
Water.
10. Which 3 people would you invite to dinner: (must be famous, well-known, living or dead, not fictional)
- For sex appeal
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Geena Davis, Justine Bateman
- For great conversation
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Geena Davis, Justine Bateman
- Because you detest them
Unless I planned to poison them, I wouldn’t invite people I destest.
Bonus: Your lover brings you breakfast in bed. What’s on the tray?
If my lover, my bride, my wife ever brought me breakfast in bed, I wouldn’t care what she brought because the mere act would be a first for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment