Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TMI Tuesday: 19 June 19 2012 - You Say It’s Your Birthday

Here's this week's birthday themed TMI questions  suggested by Heelsnstocking:

1. What star sign are you?
I am a Scorpio.
2. Do you believe in horoscopes?
I somewhat believe in horoscopes. Some that I've consulted are spooky accurate, but most are too vague or completely off the mark.

What I have come to believe far more strongly is astrological compatibilities. For example, Geminis have consistently let me down with their two-facedness. My negative experiences with Geminis have been so consistently negative in the end that I have recently turned down opportunities to pursue relationships with women who appeared to have the potential to be great sexual and romantic partners because they were Geminis.
3. When is your birthday?
November 1. I turn 40 this year.
4. What’s the worst birthday gift a partner has given you?
This is a tough question with no answer. I've only recently started to make event the faintest hint of a hullaballoo about my birthday. Until recently, I've pretty much insisted that nothing more than a "Happy Birthday" be all I receive, and from immediate family members only.
5. Are you organized when it comes to other people’s birthdays?
Organized? Does this mean, "always remembers, gets presents for them before the day of"? Honestly, aside from my sons' birthdays, I don't do things for other people's birthdays.
6. How do you normally celebrate your birthday?
For the longest time, I did nothing for my birthday. I'd let it quietly slide past. These days, I take the day off from work and hope for and usually receive one round of sex with my wife. I almost didn't get that last year.
7. If you could be one age again what would it be? Why?
Probably, what was it, 30? But only to slightly alter my financial future. That was when I made the decision to take on student loans to cover rent and some bills instead of continuing to work to pay the bills. My grants covered tuition and other fees.
8. What would be your ideal birthday treat?
My ideal birthday treat would be for some woman, preferably my wife, to wear me out in bed and demand more when I beg for it all to stop, if not for an hour.
Bonus: Tell us your best birthday memory?
My 18th birthday was my best memory. My two best friends made me a cake. The artistic one drew a koala as the cake topper, because that was the best animal they could use as a caricature of me. (The artist had a total monkey head, and our extra-chunky friend we called Shamu. Yeah, teens can be cruel.) In addition, they surprised me with very own pet tarantula to help me get over my then-crippling arachnophobia. I called it lackadaisical, and she did help me overcome my fear of spiders.
Bonus, Bonus: May we see you in your birthday suit? (post a photo)


3 comments:

  1. We are kindred spirits. Visit "The Pleasure Principle" and see why I say this :)

    Nice birthday suit, cute legs.

    Hey, would you be willing to put a TMI Tuesday blog button on your website since it is our version of TMI Tuesday
    that you now play?


    Thanks!

    -Hedone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, especially the bit about the tarantula! And Jill wholeheartedly approves of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hedone, I've enjoyed reading every one of yours as well as Jack and Jill's responses every week. And thanks for the compliment on the legs. I like to work them as often as possible by way of long walks. I also finally added the TMI button to my side bar.

    Jack, my heart leapt from my chest when my friends presented me with the tarantula. Feeding it and cleaning its habitat was probably one of the greatest challenges of my life, but it paid off in the long run. Glad to hear that Jill enjoyed the photo.

    ReplyDelete