Tuesday, May 6, 2014

TMI Tuesday: May 6, 2014 - How Creative Are You?

Today’s TMI Tuesday was inspired by Dominic Wilcox Variations on Normal and from questions submitted by Virtual Sin. Both men are brilliantly creative.

1. Have you ever had an idea for an invention that you thought would be commercially viable? Care to share a brief synopsis, photo or sketch?

I have indeed had such ideas. I can’t quite remember what most of them were, but the one I’ve most pursued to the point of creating a prototype is a sex toy accessory. Prompted by the desire to not handle my favorite dildo because of its smell transferring to my hands, I designed the “boning board.” 
The boning board is a board reminiscent of a bone to which a dildo is secured via straps. 
I still have some design flaws to work out, in particular the strapping system. The velcro straps cut into the dildo and eventually severs the shaft from the balls, which are an important element in keeping the dildo strapped down to the board. 
The configuration of the board creates a much wider range of penetration motions and positions than using your hands alone to manipulate the dildo. This has the effect of replicating the hip bone structure of a human being, thereby providing the sensation that the dildo is a real penis attached to a real human. 
The boning board is currently constructed of pine, velcro, and bolts with wing nuts. If I ever figure out a scaleable pattern for the boning board, I’d like to manufacture plastic ones that are easily washed and stored, and capable of being used with a wide size range of dildos.

2. Visual arts: Do you do any painting or drawing? Are you a photographer? Sculptor? Ceramist/potter? Silversmith or other? Share one of your favorite works with us, post a photo.

My only real visually artistic pursuit I have is using Photoshop to turn photos into illustrations. I take photos that have an artistic bent, and have drawn artistically on rare occasions when inspiration strikes. I’ve also dabbled in ceramics. However, all were done as hobbies and with no real artistic pursuit. To see a good portion of my photo-to-illustration artwork, visit ILoveSexySilhouettes.blogspot.com

3. a. Do you write fiction? Poetry? Share with us by linking to your work. b. Do you make up plots, even if you never write them down?

a. I write both fiction and poetry, but it is scattered all over the place. You can find some such works here on this blog. Check out the tags to quickly find them. b. I’m constantly coming with plots, and most of the time, I don’t write them down.  

4. Do you write music? Do you sing or play a musical instrument? An audio clip would be nice :)

I do not write music, but I love to sing, whistle, and occasionally dink around with the banjo. I have no audio clips and no immediate plans to produce any.

5. Do you write computer programs? What do you like most about that?

I do not program, but have created web pages via code in the past. I like the level of control programming pages from scratch provides as well as learning how web pages are created while making my own.

6. a. Do you have a hobby that involves making something? Examples might be woodworking, baking, sewing, etc. b. What is the last thing you made?

I cook a lot, but wouldn’t call it a hobby but instead, a lifestyle. Yesterday, I spent the day cooking for my wife for Mothers Day. A late light lunch of grilled tilapia and a tabouli-like salad made with orzo instead of bulgur, a dinner of slow-cooked ribs and potato salad, and for dessert, s'mores cupcakes. In the realm of sewing, you could say that hand-sewn costume making as a hobby of mine. The last outfit I made was for my wife: a replication of the Valkyrie outfit Maude Lebowski wears in the Gutterballs scene from the movie The Big Lebowski.

No comments:

Post a Comment