Tuesday, June 17, 2014

TMI Tuesday: June 17, 2014 - Think about It

Some things to think about on this TMI Tuesday...

1. Name something you always carry with you?

My wallet.

2. Is there anyone on your mind at the moment? Who? Why?

My dad is on my mind at the moment because he’s about to start dialysis for kidney failure. They are only operating at 18 percent.

3. If you were to be remembered for one thing, what would it be?

I would most be remembered for not living up to people’s assumption as to who I am based on my physical appearance. 

4. Tell us something new that you learned in the last month?

I learned that although H.P. Lovecraft created the creatures and such that make up the Cthulhu mythos, it was another writer who formalized them into a cohesive mythos: August Derleth.

5. What are you pretending not to know? Why?

I tend not to pretend to not know things. I do, however, l pretend not to observe certain things so as to avoid having to act accordingly. 

6. Are you happy with other people’s perception of you?

I am not particularly happy with many other people’s perceptions of me. These perceptions go in all sorts of directions. Take my long hair, for example. If someone is a conservative oriented person, they assume I’m Mr. Organic. If someone is hippyish, they make the same assumption. When I don’t live up to their assumptions, they criticize me about it. Then there’s my complete rejection of sports. Men and women love to assume that because I have a dick, I obviously like sports of some type. When they find out I don’t, I’m often treated with the sentiment that I’m not really a man then, or a lesser man, at the very least. 

7. Are you generally focused on today or tomorrow?

I used to be far too focused on tomorrow but have finally learned to focus on today, to be mindful and live in the moment. It has helped me to achieve peace of mind, for the most part.

Bonus:  How do you eat Oreos? Which method best matches your Oreo cookie eating style?
a. Pick it up, bite into it.
b. Twist it open, eat each half separately
c. Twist it open, eat the frosting, then eat each chocolate cookie half separately.

D. Twist open two cookies, eat the frosting-less halves, put the two halves with frosting together and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment