Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TMI Tuesday: September 23, 2014 - Marriage

On this week’s TMI Tuesday we discuss marriage.

1. Do you believe in marriage?

Sure. People do it all the time. But seriously, I believe that if people want to get married, they should be allowed to. On the inverse, I think people shouldn’t be made to feel as if they’re doing something wrong if they’re living the married life without papering it.

2. Have you ever proposed marriage or been proposed to marry? What happened?

Yes, I proposed marriage to my wife and we’ve been married for twenty years come March of next year.

3. What would be your dream way of proposing marriage?

I’m not into pomp and circumstance or all the material trappings of conventional proposals, so I have no dream way.

4. What would be your nightmarish way of proposing marriage?

At gunpoint by the loved one (dad, brother, etc.) of a girl I knocked up. 

5. Mainstream society has engagement rings; in your opinion, what token should be given to signify engagement?

Again, this is a material trapping of conventional proposals.

6. Would you like to participate in an “open” marriage vs. a traditional monogamous marriage? Have you ever given it serious thought? Why or Why not?

I have been in an open marriage for the last 15 out of 20 years of my marriage.

Bonus: Tell us about someone you would have proposed to but never had the chance/opportunity.

I married young and have remained that way for 20 years, so this question doesn’t pertain to my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment